The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Beaumont Health, located in southeast Michigan is recruiting a full-time Dermatopathologist. Additional expertise or interest in soft tissue and bone pathology is desirable. Position will be based at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, which has served southeast Michigan for more than 70 years.
The department performs 18 million billable tests/year for our hospitals and outreach program with specialized services such as flow cytometry, molecular pathology, cytogenetics, toxicology, histocompatibility and specialized coagulation. Although this position us be based at the Royal Oak Campus, individuals may cover work from any/all hospitals and may potentially rotate at other sites.
Beaumont Health is aligned with Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. In addition to the Royal Oak hospital, Beaumont operates seven other hospitals in southeast Michigan with specialized services.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- BC/BE Pathologist with a strong background or interest medical student and resident teaching
- BC from the ABP in AP or AP/CP and subspecialty certification or eligibility in dermatopathology is required; fellowship training required
- Demonstrated competency in all aspects of Dermatopathology & bone/soft tissue pathology including state of the art diagnostic services that integrate the various fields of study
- Fostering team work (relationship management, build teams)
- Results Orientations (bias for action)
- Influence skills (communication)
- Establishing focus
- Customer orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Clinical education
Beaumont Health offers an excellent salary package commensurate with experience. The benefit program provides a comprehensive array of benefits and services to employed physicians, including, but not limited to, malpractice, health, life, dental and vision insurance; dues & memberships. Retirement Contribution Plan 403(b), 457(b) Savings Plan; Flexible spending accounts (FSA) & relocation provided.
Barbara S. Ducatman, M.D., Chief, Pathology Service Line, Beaumont Health
Chair, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Professor of Pathology, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Roberta.Simone@Beaumont.org; Phone & Fax: 947-522-1902
Please visit: Beaumont Laboratories ; Beaumont Health