Highland Springs Hospital located near Cleveland, OH is seeking a Medical Director - board-certified/eligible Psychiatrist to join the Springstone team Practice with a highly engaged team to deliver the type of care you would want your own loved ones to receive.
Highland Springs will transform the delivery of behavioral health services and solve the largest healthcare challenge of our generation, the lack of access to quality care for mental illness and addiction. We will:
- Engage with patients, families, employees, communities, healthcare providers, and health insurers to increase access to behavioral healthcare
- Provide a continuum of care that delivers the right care, in the right place, at the right time, at the right cost
- Partner to integrate behavioral and medical healthcare to improve the health of populations and reduce the per capita cost of healthcare
- Be nationally known for providing high quality, consistent, evidence-based, and innovative care
- Decrease suicide rates, decrease addiction-related deaths, reverse the decline in life expectancy, and improve productivity in the communities we serve
- Destigmatize mental illness and addiction, which are conditions that transcend race, gender, age, and socioeconomic class
- Assumes oversight of the medical staff of the hospital. Participates in the recruitment, retention, and development of all staff members in this area. Ensures adherence to the Medical Staff Bylaws by all members of the hospitals medical staff.
- Actively participates and provides leadership in the peer review process including OPPE / FPPE activities.
- Chairs the Medical Executive Committee and participates as an active member of the Hospital Board of Governors.
- In collaboration with the CEO and other Senior Leadership, ensures the successful implementation of the Hospitals strategic plan.
- Oversees the quality of care delivered to his/her patients.
- Assesses clinical appropriateness for admission and collaborates with Assessment and Referral regarding potential admissions.
- Performs psychiatric assessments for individuals under his/her care.
- Completes documentation necessary to address patients hospitalized under civil commitment statutes.
- Provides individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management as needed for patients under his/her care.
- Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes established by Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffing regarding the treatment of his/her patients.
- Complies with all Seclusion and Restraint requirements including responding to the facility within one hour when contacted for Seclusion and Restraint orders.
- Ensures that cases are adequately covered when away from the facility.
- Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided.
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school doctoral program and completion of residency in psychiatry required; board certification preferred
- Prior inpatient and/or outpatient experience in a behavioral healthcare setting practicing psychiatry and/or addiction medicine
- Current unencumbered medical doctor (MD) or osteopathic doctor (DO) licensure
- Unrestricted DEA and State Controlled Substances registration