Pulmonary and Sleep Consultants of Kansas (PSCK) will add Intensivists in 2019 to accommodate expanding services at Wesley Medical Center. This is a thriving private practice group of early-to-mid career physicians seeking new partner-track associates. It's a diverse group. The common denominators are family-orientation and a strong entrepreneurial/private practice streak-PSCK physicians make decisions together about what's right for their group and their patients.
Physicians spend approximately 60% of time in inpatient care, 40% in clinic. The schedule is based on week-long rotations. Several of the physicians have a sleep practice and this component is available, but not required. Typical first year W-2 approaching 300k (including productivity bonuses), partner incomes above the MGMA medians. J1 visa holders are welcome to apply.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 850 physicians and 3,400 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for more than 1 million residents of from Kansas and parts of contiguous states. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985. In 2016, Wesley completed a 28 million dollar construction project to launch Wesley Children's Hospital. www.wesleymc.com
Living in Wichita, KS
* Wichita is home to 600K+ in greater metro area
* Named an All-American City four times for quality of life (affordability, education, cultural and sports activities, and safety)
* Recently Named to Money Magazine Top Ten Best 300K+ Cities with single family homes 40% below national median, cost of living 10.3% percent below national average
* Brookings Institution's #22 city for science, technology, engineering and math jobs with a diverse population of postgraduate degreed professionals
* Home of the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita with over 1,000 faculty members and 13 ACGME accredited residency programs
* 14 minutes from hospital to airport with five major airlines, hundreds of national and international connections
* Physician commute times average 12 minutes
Please reply with CV to hospital system's in-house recruiter. Include cover message explaining your reasons for interest in living and working in Wichita.