Physician - Urology

Columbus, OH 43210

Specialty Urology
Profession Physician

Urologic Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is seeking a full time Urologist with expertise and fellowship training in the area of female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.  Applicants must have trained in an ACGME-approved residency program in urology and be board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Urology. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to be part of a newly developed multidisciplinary continence center while working alongside partners in gynecology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy and colorectal surgery.

This is a full time position at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level focused on patient care with participation in training medical students, residents, and fellows.  The qualified applicant should have advanced fellowship training in the field and experience in clinical management, research, and teaching of residents and medical students. The scope of duties includes diagnosis, consultation, and treatment of adult patients presenting with various disorders of the genitourinary system in office and hospital settings, with particular focus on pelvic prolapse, neurogenic bladder, voiding dysfunction, and incontinence.  The practice is supported by physician assistants and nurse practitioners, a state of the art video-urodynamics suite, substantial procedural and office space, and dedicated and experienced clinical staff. There is an opportunity to utilize the da Vinci Robotic System.

The candidate must have excellent communication and organization skills. All OSU faculty participate in quality improvement, practice management, continuing education, and other patient care programs.  Patient call is shared on an equal basis with other physicians.

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center has been ranked as one of the best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report in their Best Hospitals rankings for 25 consecutive years. The growth and collaboration across the health sciences campus offers an excellent opportunity to establish multidisciplinary and outreach programs.

Columbus is a thriving and dynamic city with all of the culture, arts, diversity, and great restaurants emblematic of any large city, but with true Midwestern charm and livability. Columbus is the 15th largest US city with a population over 860,000 and is notably one of the most affordable with a cost of living composite index roughly 10 percent below the national average.  

Competitive salary commensurate with training and rank  

www.urology.osu.edu

For consideration, please email a cover letter and your CV to:

Trevor Bethel, FASPR
Manager, Physician and Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Trevor.Bethel@osumc.edu

The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.