Clarksburg VA Medical Center is committed to serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Hematologist/Oncologist, Clarksburg VA Medical Center
1 License/50 States ~ Over 49 days off annually!
No dealing with Insurance Companies. Generous Vacation time and Comprehensive Benefits
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives Approved
Beautiful Clarksburg with its cozy population of 18,000 citizens is located at the center of West Virginia's 1-79 High Tech Corridor. The High Tech Corridor is anchored on the north by Morgantown, which is the home of West Virginia University Mountaineers, a Carnegie Foundation Research Institution and training academy for Cisco Systems and Oracle. Just an hour away from Pittsburgh, PA! Morgantown was recently rated the best small city in America.
Seeking full time Hem/Onc:
- Provide consultative care to hospital inpatients requiring hematology or oncology consultation.
- Provide care to new consults and return patients in the outpatient clinic setting.
- Oversee the chemotherapy infusion room and administration of systemic cancer therapy.
- Perform bone marrow biopsies on patients where this procedure is appropriate, review peripheral blood smears if indicated
- Complete hematology/oncology e-consults (electronic consults).
- Works effectively with patients, families, staff, co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Possible academic affiliation with West Virginia University
- Education Debt Reduction Program may be offered and recruiter incentives.
All of this makes the Clarksburg VA Medical Center a first rate facility that truly deserves the great reputation it has earned.
Whether you just completed your training or have years of experience, we invite you to explore the many options, great benefits, quality of life and opportunities VA affords the physicians who provide the highest quality care to America's Veterans.
- U.S. citizenship
- Board certified/ board eligible Hematologist/Oncologist
- Current, full, and unrestricted medical license from any state, territory or commonwealth or District of Columbia in the United States
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree from an institution approved by the American Medical Colleges or the American Osteopathic Association
Work Volume: 12-14 patients/day
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M
Ideal Candidate: Hematologist/Oncologist is eager to treat our Veterans who had given so much to the country already. We are seeking someone that’s caring, compassionate, respectful, and can communicate well with patients and families.
Interested: Please forward your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VA provides a supportive environment that contributes to the delivery of quality health care. VA physicians also enjoy a quality of life that simply can’t be found in private practice. With predictable work hours and conditions, VA physicians are able to take time for themselves and their families. In addition to professional and personal rewards, VA also offers extensive employment benefits and educational opportunities.
Paid Time Off: • 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
• 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service.
Clarksburg VA Medical Center
Clarksburg Convention & visitors Bureau
Bridgeport – Great place next to Clarksburg
Things to do in Clarksburg-Facebook page