For our Nurse Practitioners, balance makes it all better
If you are a Nurse Practitioner who is looking for better balance, look no further. At MedExpress, you won’t work third shifts or be on call. Instead, you’ll work a regular, flexible schedule and enjoy the support of a full administrative staff. A national leader in patient-centered health care with hundreds of locations across the country, we’re looking for genuine, caring and friendly professionals to provide outstanding patient care and promote high-quality urgent care services. If you face tasks and challenges with energy and passion and pursue activities with focus and drive, you’ll fit right in at MedExpress.
- Providing and managing direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, including x-ray, electrocardiogram and laboratory tests
- Performing procedures, including I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection and wound care
- Prescribing pharmaceuticals, other medications and treatment regimens, as appropriate
- A Master’s degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Certification in CPR, ACLS and PALS
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, retail care, primary care and/or ambulatory care setting preferred
- Exceptional leadership, mediation and multitasking skills
- Valid prescriptive authority (per state practice requirements) and the ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.