St. Cloud Hospital is now hiring a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner!
What makes our team unique?
We are the only hospital in Central Minnesota with a Level III NICU. We are also one of only a few hospitals in Minnesota to have a Perinatology
Clinic, Family Birthing Center and NICU just footsteps away from one another. This close proximity of services allows our providers to
coordinate complete care for our patients– from early pregnancy to the early weeks of baby's life. Learn more today...
CentraCare Health's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is looking for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with at least 2 years of NICU experience to join our
Level 3 NICU. Our NICU is a 30-bed unit with state-of-the-art private and semi-private rooms. As an Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in
our NICU you will be an essential part of our 24/7 in-house coverage along with neonatologists, specialized nurses and respiratory therapists.
The Neonatology Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive healthcare, under limited supervision of the collaborating physicians, to neonatal patients in the
NICU, FBC, emergency department, pediatrics, and neonatal transports.
As a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at CentraCare you will partake in:
- Attending deliveries/delivery room management of all infants less than 35 weeks and other high- risk indications
- Admissions, including history and physical
- Assessments and ongoing management of current NICU patients as needed
- Ground and air transports
- Multidisciplinary care management team meetings
- Provide phone consultations to community providers in our referral area
- Provide consultations to pediatric hospitalist service as requested
- Update hand-off paper work prior to morning hand-off
You will have the opportunity to participate in the following procedures/treatments:
- Umbilical line placement
- Chest tubes
- Arterial puncture
- Arterial line placement
- Ventilator management
- Whole body cooling for HIE
- Nitric Oxide
Neonatal nursing practice includes, but is not limited to, comprehensive health care assessment, diagnosis, initiation of appropriate care and treatment of a
variety of responses throughout the neonatal continuum, and continuous evaluation of outcomes. The position includes both a medical and nursing domain of
care. In this practice you will be expected to manage acute and chronic illnesses and promote wellness. You will also be a role model and support a
collaborative working environment while maintaining professional competencies by attending educational programs and participating in professional