Emergency medicine physicians treat patients that require immediate medical attention. As an officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you can build a distinguished medical career while making a difference in the lives of the Soldiers and their families.
- Examine, diagnose and treat the initial phase of disease or injury
- Exercise command of medical units as provided by law and regulation
- Perform staff functions in health support for commanders at all levels
- Medical research on diseases of military importance
- Participate in Graduate Medical Education and train other personnel
- Serve unique duty positions for the department of emergency medicine and the medical school faculty