West Florida Hospital in beautiful Pensacola, FL seeks an additional Inpatient Neurologist
West Florida, named 'Top 100 Hospital' by Truven Health Analytics for a second year in a row, is a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and a Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement award winner by American Heart Association (AHA). We currently seek a BC/BE Neurologist to join our Inpatient Neurology team. Candidates with an interest in and/or experience treating stroke patients are preferred.
Practice highlights include:
*Physician would be available for inpatient neurology consults only (anything after 7 p.m. is addressed the next day)
*Telemedicine for stroke alerts and any stat consults at night
*ED uses telemedicine for all stroke alerts in the ED so the inpatient Neurologist does not see patients in the ED - only inpatients
*Diagnostics: CT, CTA, CT perfusion studies including MRI, MRA are available on site
*EEG monitoring is available; including remote access is available for emergency EEG reading via Neuroworkbench
This is an employed opportunity with competitive salary and incentives to include:
*Paid Occurrence Based Malpractice
*Full Benefits Package to include health, life, dental, disability, 401K- the works!
*Relocation, Marketing and CME Allowance
West Florida's stroke program began in 2005 and achieved the Joint Commission disease specific certification in 2006. Since its inception, we strive to put the patient and family at the forefront of our treatment practices.
* WFH is a certified Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission since 2006
* WFH participates in the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines(GWTG) - Stroke program and is recipient of GWTG- Stroke Gold Plus Achievement award with Stroke-Target: Honor Roll
* Evidence-Based Stroke order sets are available via MediTech CPOE
* The Sleep Disorders Center at West Florida Hospital is a six-bed hospital-based sleep diagnostic facility. We are one of only three in the area accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to evaluate and treat the full range of sleep disorders.
* WFH offers a CARF and Joint Commission Accredited Inpatient Rehab Institute providing service to stroke, traumatic brain injury and other orthopedic/neurology conditions. The institute is designated the Brain & Spinal Cord Injury Rehab for the Panhandle of Florida.