Altru Health System (www.altru.org), Pathology team is currently seeking an AP/CP BC/BE pathologist. Altru Health System is a community based, non-profit integrated health system located in Grand Forks, ND with more than 270 beds and over 200 physicians representing 44 specialties with 5 full time pathologists. The pathology group provides services for Altru Health System and several regional facilities in the surrounding area. Altru Hospital has residents from the Altru Family Medicine Residency program and UND Surgical Residency program. Opportunities to teach medical students and residents on rotation with additional teaching exposure opportunities on campus are available. Altru provides generous compensation and an extensive and comprehensive benefit package.
- Medical directorship and clinical consultant roles
- Over 20,500 total specimens which includes approximately 1,400 cytology specimens, and 7,500 Pap smears (Thin Prep) processed annually
- Frozen section and cytology rapid smear evaluations
- Opportunity for medical student and resident education
- No autopsy call/service is required from our group, as this is handled by the forensic pathology facility associated with the Dept of Pathology at the UND SMHS.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology through the American Board of Pathology or eligible to obtain board certification
- Eligible to be licensed in both North Dakota and Minnesota
- 3 + years’ experience, with subspecialty training and/or experience in dermatopathology, breast or GI preferred