Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people ?? our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to ??Always Do The Right Thing!??
Our Activity Therapist works to provide all patients pleasant and rewarding activities in a safe and comfortable environment. With minimal supervision, plans and implements activities to treat or maintain the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the patient population.
- Bachelor??s degree in Health and Human Services, Physical Education or other related fields.
- At least one (1) year experience providing direct care support in a residential care facility for the treatment of sexually violent predators or planning and implementing activities to treat or maintain the physical, mental, or emotional wellbeing of clients in other populations.
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to use computers and the typical software such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and various database systems.
- Provide recreation resources and opportunities in order to improve health and well-being of the patient population.
- Confers with administrative and medical staff on activities and goals. Provides evaluation of patients by observation and interviews. Prepare progress and treatment reports.
- Identify activity needs and participate in in-service training.
- Lead group sessions to teach alternative coping skills to assist the patient population to overcome any environmental, physical, or emotional barriers.
- Works effectively with all patients, medical, nursing, and other staff members and to deal tactfully with the public.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer