The Department of Pathology at Indiana University Health Physicians and the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Indiana University School of Medicine are jointly recruiting a pediatric pathologist to serve the pediatric patient population of Indiana. The pathologist will be based at the downtown Indianapolis Indiana Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, rotating to the Central Pathology Laboratory as needed for pediatric necropsy service. Experience with quality assurance and inspection and accreditation processes is desirable. Candidates with strong pediatric anatomic and clinical pathology diagnostic skills are preferred. The position is on the clinical track; academic rank is determined by qualifications and level of experience.
Riley Children’s Health at IU Health is nationally ranked in 10 of 10 pediatric specialties by US News and World Report. Pediatric Urology is ranked 2nd in the nation and Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery is ranked 5th. The Pediatric Pathology department is located on-site at Riley; satellite office space is provided in the central pathology lab, home to numerous sub-specialized pathologists.
The pathology department at large resides in a dedicated laboratory building with first-class facilities. There is strong departmental support for translational and clinical research activities should the successful candidate wish to pursue excellence in a subspecialty area of interest. The Pathology group serves ten hospitals within the IU Health Hospital network, the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, and Eskenazi Health. Indianapolis is a thriving Midwestern city with a vibrant downtown community, outstanding cultural and sports facilities, beautiful suburbs and a low cost of living.
- Full Time
- Day shifts
- Monday - Friday
- 100% outpatient (laboratory work)
- Experienced pediatric pathologist requirement
- Must be certified in anatomic pathology or anatomic and clinical pathology
- Must be BC or BE in Pediatric Pathology
- Must be qualified for licensure in the state of Indiana
- We offer a strong compensation model including a pay comparable to private practice pay and a 100% income guarantee
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage.
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati