A visionary physician leader to direct a comprehensive cancer center in collaboration with the center’s executive director is needed to position a well-established comprehensive community cancer center into the next generation of cancer clinical care, community engagement and improved population health and community cancer research. The Medical Director will join the oncology clinical staff of the Cancer Center and Hospital to continue to strengthen the oncology service line and maintain relationships with medical staff engaged in the diagnosis and the collaboration in the treatment of cancer.
The successful Medical Director will be immersed in the knowledge of oncology diagnoses and treatment and will be expected to drive the strategic growth plan in the areas of cancer research, community engagement, unifying the vision for the cancer center and strengthening the center’s financial sustainability.
- A MD/DO, board certified in a relevant field of oncology and meeting requirements for appointment as a member of the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital medical staff
- At least ten years of oncology experience, with at least two years in a community practice/hospital model greatly preferred and with at least two years in hospital administration or leadership.
- The vision and ability to lead the successful implementation of the center’s strategic plan.
- Clinical expertise in oncology current standard of care, NCCN guidelines
- A track record of participating and leading cancer research and treatment, knowledge of the role of a research principal investigator and regulatory guidelines for participation in pharma/cooperative group research activities
- A track record of supporting collaboration across departments or divisions in the healthcare system and unifying stakeholders around the shared vision
- Successful experience in mentoring new clinical providers and developing talent
- Deep commitment to the development and maintenance of a professional environment that supports equity and diversity; proven financial management skills; the ability to advocate on behalf of the financial needs of the service line
- A collaborative and communicative leadership style, outstanding interpersonal skills, integrity, warmth, good humor and a high level of energy.
- 642 bed tertiary care center
- 26 OR’s in Main Hospital and 10 in Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Cerner EMR
- 75 Adult ICU beds
- 100,000 plus ER visits annually
- Over 300 Physicians on Active Staff
- Serving 550,000 people in 17-county service area
- One of the top ten largest public not for profit healthcare systems in the U.S.
Compensation & Benefits
- Medical Education Loan Repayment
- Good community, good private school options, no state-income tax.
- Moving Allowance
- Signing Bonus
- Health/Vision/Dental Benefits
- 13 weeks vacation
- Profit sharing
- One hour from Memphis and two hours from Nashville on Interstate
- Excellent private and parochial schools and 5 colleges and universities
- 200,000 acres of lakes and rivers
- Jackson, Tennessee has convenient access to Memphis and Nashville on Interstate
- Friendly community of more than 100,000 people
- Low cost of living - NO STATE INCOME TAX
- 4000 square foot home in $350K range
- Local Attractions: Symphony Orchestra, Cultural Arts, Athletic Clubs, Country Club, Professional Sports, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Golf
- America's Most Livable Small City (U.S. Conference of Mayors 2013)
- Ranked 6th Best Cost of Living Metropolitan Area in the Country (August 2017 Fortune Magazine)
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC215946 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: https://brittmedical.com/search-current-jobs/.