Job Summary:Centerpoint Medical Center is seeking an employed Emergency Medicine Program Director for their new residency program in Independence, Missouri.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Board certified in emergency medicine with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Previous experience as an Associate Program Director, Core Faculty member, or Department Chair is required
- Available to begin work in spring 2023
- Ability to obtain Missouri licensure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work on obtaining initial ACGME accreditation through submission of application.
- Recruit and select candidates for the residency program through the National Residency Matching Program.
- Provide accurate statistical and narrative information in accordance with the requirements of the ACGME and the ACGME’s Review Committee for Emergency Medicine.
- Maintain current knowledge of the accreditation and operational requirements of the residency program, including monitoring current trends and anticipating changes. Maintain working knowledge of GME finance and reimbursement as it pertains to the Emergency Medicine residency program.
- Assure that faculty meet research and scholarly activity requirements of the program, including active participation in clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and research conferences in a manner that promotes a spirit of inquiry and scholarship.
- Collaborate with the faculty to evaluate resident performance in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME’s milestones for Emergency Medicine. The Program Director shall establish and maintain a Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) in accordance with ACGME requirements and shall maintain appropriate documentation of the evaluation process in accordance with ACGME requirements.
About Centerpoint Medical Center:
- Competitive W2 compensation
- Robust benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401k
- A-rated professional liability insurance
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.
- Centerpoint Medical Center features 285+ private rooms, 440+ physicians on the medical staff, a strong complement of subspecialists, and 1300+ staff.
- Hospital & ER features include the only Level II Trauma Center in eastern Jackson County; an accredited chest pain center and variety of cardiovascular services; orthopedic services including total joint and sports medicine; stroke center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification; women’s services; among many others.